Rajasthan Govt. has been very serious in empowering women through its various programmes and schemes. This prgramme was launched by the Govt. in 2009. The seven points of empowerment are as follows:
- Safe Motherhood
- Reduction in IMR
- Population Stablization
- Prevention of Child marriages
- Retention of girls in schools at least up to class X
- Provide safety of create secure Environment for women
- Economic Empowerment of women by providing opportunities of self employment through SHGs
I For the implementation and monitoring of 7 Point Programme for the empowerment of women, a state level Monitoring Committee was constituted, which is as follows:
Jobs & responsibilities of the Monitoring Committee:
- To decide time bound targets.
- To take policy decisions.
- To review the implementation of the programme and policies.
- To meet twice annually.
II Constitution of the state level Coordination Committee is as follows:
Jobs & responsibilities of the Coordination Committee:
- To review and ratification of the programme.
- To meet once every two months and submit its review report to the State Monitoring Committee.
To send its recommendations to the State Monitoring Committee regarding change in policies and programmes.